WHAT DO I NEED IN MY TOOLKIT?
There are a few MUST HAVES that every Mommy should have in their natural beauty kit. Here is a list of items I feel necessities for a healthy, natural, and safe beauty routine.
1.Essential Oils – These products have the power to jump start your journey to health and wellness. Young living you brings natural products that you can use every day to keep your home and family clean and safe, all while avoiding dangerous toxins found in out daily life.
2. Carrier Oil– Carrier oils are naturally derived from vegetarian sources and have a neutral smell. They aren’t volatile like essential oils, which makes them an excellent medium for dilution and application. There are a variety of acceptable carrier oils. Here are some fair and “clean” products available.
Coconut Oil – My favorite carrier oil! I use coconut oil to for DIY beauty items, internal use, as well as cooking recipes. It’s a great all-purpose oil with significant health benefits.
Sweet Almond Oil – Almond Oil is easily absorbed and won’t clog pores, promoting clear, soft, healthy skin. Great as a natural moisturizing oil or for massage, nourishing skincare that is quickly absorbed, promotes healthy skin.
Olive Oil – Popular, easy-to-find oil used in both topical and cooking. Olive oil has great health benefits and is an excellent source of omega fatty acid.
V-6 Young Living Oil – A proprietary Young Living formula combining fractionated coconut oil, grapeseed oil, sweet almond oil, wheat germ oil (contains a lot of vitamin E and acts as a natural preservative), sunflower oil, and olive oil. Moisturizes and nourishes the skin
3. Baking Soda – Improves complexion as well as fight pimples and acne! I cheap and useful beauty tool.
4. Castile Liquid Soap – – 100% organic, effective ingredients that can be used in shampoos, soaps, face washes, and so much more. Click below to see and purchase the “smell” you love the most.
5. Vegetable Glycerine– This solution is great for moisturizing and cleaning. Can be used in skin care and self-care products.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar – A fantastic product with an endless list of applications. Known for it anti-inflammatory, cleansing, and antibacterial properties. Can be used for face and body.
7.Hydrogen Peroxide– A natural antiseptic that is ideal for personal care. A very powerful and inexpensive addition to your beauty routine.
8. Vitamin E Oil – Vitamin E oil is extremely versatile and efficient for many different skin care applications. It has excellent antioxidant properties which help prevent and reverse the signs of aging, keeping your skin looking at its best.
9.Magnesium Oil -One of seven essential minerals the body needs to perform daily functions including metabolizing fatty acids and proteins. Dramatic relief for Sore Joints, Muscle Aches, Arthritis, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Migraine Headaches, Joint Inflammation, Muscle Aches, or any form of persistent pain.
10.Cocoa Butter – Reduce signs of aging, scars and blemishes as well as restore skin glow and eliminate stretch marks. Used for Eczema & Psoriasis, Dermatitis, Stretch Marks & Scars, Dry Skin (Especially during winter).
11. Shea Butter – Nutty aroma oil that moisturizes skin and hair. Perfect for DIY lotions and other beauty products.
12.Pink Himalayan Salt – Himalayan salt has become well known for its amazing health benefits. It re-mineralizes the body with minerals and trace elements essential to our health and well-being. Our Himalayan pink salt is rich in trace minerals – including Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper and Iron.
13. Sea Salt – Sea Salt is essential for proper muscular function. When used internally or topically sea salt helps remove cellular acidity, especially in the brain and kidneys. Sea salt provides a buffer for blood sugar levels. It boosts the immune system.
14. Witch Hazel – soothing, natural treatments that cleanse, tone and soothe your skin.
15. Aloe Vera Gel -Helps maintain pH balance and support healthy muscle and joint function. Perfect for moisturizing the skin.
16. Bees Wax – Use this wax in creams & lotions for extra body, in balms and body butter for stiffness and rigidity and soaps and candles for hardness.
TRY TO USE GLASS OR STAINLESS STEEL CONTAINERS WHEN USING ESSENTIAL OILS
Another part of your toolkit will be the type of storage containers you choose to use. Several of your DIY items will include essential oils.One important tip to remember when using Essential Oils is to store items in dark glass or stainless steel containers; ESPECIALLY “hot” oils such as cinnamon, clove, thyme, and oregano and “citrus” oils such as orange, lemon, and grapefruit. Due to their strong potency and purity, they have been known to erode plastics. Below are some approved containers for your oil concoctions.
GLASS/STAINLESS STEEL STORAGE
16 oz Glass Spray Bottle with Trigger Sprayer – This item can be used for cleaning sprays and DIY disinfectant cleaners. Sturdy and works great!
10 ml Glass Roll-on Bottles with Stainless Steel Roller Balls – With a stainless steel ball and dropper it’s perfect for roll-on oil items.
8 Oz. Glass Spray Bottles with Sprayer -A smaller bottle that includes a sprayer as well as a cap for a variety of uses.
4 oz Cobalt Blue Glass Jars – Glass jars with lids to store creams, lotion, and other beauty products.
Glass or stainless steel are always the BEST options, however, with small children around glass can get a little dangerous. Here are some of the best plastic storage options for storing products with oils.
*IF STORING ITEMS WITH ESSENTIAL OILS ALWAYS USE PRECAUTIONS. IF ITEMS ARE STORED IN PLASTIC CONTAINERS, MAKE SURE ALWAYS TO DILUTE OILS.
8 Oz. – Plastic – Spray Bottles – Durable essential oil safe, PET 8 oz bottles
16 oz Plastic Bottles – Can be utilized for Shampoos, conditioners creams, body lotions, and so much more. Can be used for diluted oil products.
4 oz Cobalt Blue Plastic Jars with Lid – UV resistant 4 oz plastic jars with lids. Can be utilized for diluted oil products.
16 oz Plastic Bottle – Larger 16 oz plastic bottle. Can be used for diluted oil products.
16 oz Plastic Jar Black -A larger jar with a lid for projects that need a little more room.
Amber Foaming Soap Dispenser –PET bottles are an excellent choice for many bath and body products such as hand soaps, hair care products and more.
Foaming Soap Dispenser – Foaming soap dispensers release less soap than regular liquid soap dispensers do, allowing users to achieve the same level of cleanliness with less soap.
8 oz jars–UV resistant 4 oz plastic jars with lids. Can be used for diluted oil products.
Plastic Bottles 4 Oz – The refillable plastic PET bottle is ideal for liquids, soaps, lotions, shampoo, aromatherapy and essential oils.
NOW THAT YOU HAVE GATHERED YOUR ITEMS FOR YOU “NATURAL LIVING TOOLKIT” YOU ARE READY TO GET STARTED!
Put your “tools” to work! Click on the links below for some great DIY recipes for health/well and a natural home.